View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 07:43 PM   #10
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
The equivalent of an electric vehicle mpg is about 90mpg that taken into account everything. If that's accurate then, then electric vehicles should be more efficient, but the problem is I don't know if they take into account EVERYTHING. How about the cost of mining Lithium? How about the cost of recycling old Li-on batteries? Another thing is the amount of Lithium raw materials on the entire earth is limited and even more so than oil. So if everybody were to drive an electric car, they may not be enough lithium raw materials for everybody.

I hope they look into fuel cell. Although you also need battery to store the energy generated from fuel cell but the amount of batteries here is not as much as a pure battery-powered car.
How about the cost of building ships, trains, trucks to carry fuel, the machines and fuel required to build all of those things, the fuel used getting that fuel to places...etc. When you think about it, the amount of infrastructure that has to "power" delivering gas to your gas station is huge. We may not have full electric infrastructure, but we at least have enough to run some cars on electricity and it's clear that will be far more efficient than having to transport fuel all over the place to these end-user locations.