View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 11:02 AM   #103
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdurhamski View Post
Mine took three weeks and one day from order to be at my dealer I do live in Indianapolis and I ordered a 40i. Just came in today. Here's my build.
That's awesome! Mine was ordered on 10/12/19 and it just left the factory. It's not expected to get to my dealer's showroom until around the end of the month.

I hate these sales people who lie and tell you how quickly you'll get your vehicle. Mine told me if it was ordered in early to mid October it would be delivered around the first week of November.

Once I was at the dealership and just before placing the order and giving him my deposit I asked him again. Specifically, I said: "So, realistically, how long does it really take before I'll be able to take delivery?" He again, stated it should be here by the first week of November. As soon as it went into production (which was the very next day) I asked him how long it would be before delivery and he said not until the end of November.

They should never make those kind of claims knowing damn well that it's not a realistic time frame. Sounds like you got lucky though and it actually only took your BMW 3 weeks from build to delivery.

I've done a lot of sales in my day and I always told people a time from with best and worst cases. Lying to get your business is the worst thing sales people can do.

I've considered cancelling the order but don't want to lose my 1K deposit. If they ask for a customer review, rest assured, I will be commenting on his misleading sales pitch.
Appreciate 0