02-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #83
UncleJesse
Have mercy!
Rep
Drives: Trolley Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
No.

You're arguing for Ephedrine because you lack the work ethic and determination to lose the weight the natural way. Someone who resorts to popping a pill obviously doesn't have the self-control to forget the pills and just close their damn mouth at the dinner table. Moreover, studies showing that Ephedrine is perfectly healthy are funded by Ephedrine producers. It's in their interest to spin the info in their favor.

Wasn't referring to your quote. Was referring to another poster's use of the term. Figured it's neater to address everything in one post than to make a dozen different posts at a time.

If by "data" you mean corporate-sponsored studies, I don't have any. Unlike some, I work. I don't have time to read medical journals and scientific theses all day. I actually live life instead of just reading about it in some Castro District coffee shop.

If, on the other hand, by "data" you mean first hand accounts from people that have actually used it, then yes, I have heard many accounts of people whose heart rate raced out of control and suffered dizzy spells. Neither of which symptom sounds quite healthy to me, but then again, I don't read medical journals or scientific studies. Perhaps scientists have found that a racing heart and dizziness are actually a good thing. I'll have to check with our resident medical expert, Mr.JesseKatsopolous.

Now if you'd be so kind as to cut and paste the contents of the other link you want me to answer, Stamos, I'd be more than happy to answer it as well. I can't access it as is because I'm not a member of the e90post community and it's asking me to sign in to be able to reach it. So again, I'd appreciate it if you could cut and paste that into this thread.
i still dont know whether i believe this or not

did i mention anywhere that i even use ephedrine? no, so you cant make any judgments based on the assumption that i do. and how does it have any bearing on work ethic, determination, or self control in the first place? lets use a natural bodybuilder who uses ephedrine to diet for a show as an example. he trains 3x per week, does cardio on 3 off days, and takes 1 rest day. thats a good work ethic. lets say hes been training for 5 years, building enough size naturally to compete. he has dedication. he eats a strict diet every day for months at a time in order to shed the fat. he has self control. how does the use of ephedrine take away from any of these 3 qualities? ill answer this one for you, it doesnt, it just makes the process faster and more effective. you are once again putting your weak understanding of the english language on full display.

oh

i work too. i also study, train, go out, etc. your point? this does not preclude me from citing some sort of study, article, paper, etc to back up a claim. this is how debate or argumentation works. otherwise, people could just make up whatever they wanted (like the fact that the majority of people are allergic to milk - which theyre not, people were healthier at every point in time until now - which they werent, or skipping dinner shuts down your metabolism - which it doesnt).

most side effects are experienced with ephedrA, not ephedrINE. theres a difference. even sides from ephedrine subside after a few doses. some people have better tolerances to stimulants than others.

exercise tends to increase a persons heart rate. i guess people should stop exercising.

as for the other questions.

1. why is it that can humans eat a cow's muscles that developed with the help of cow's millk, but not the milk itself? why were humans not 'meant' to drink cows milk? were we 'meant' to eat chicken eggs, or were those 'meant' to develop into baby chickens?

2. you made the claim that 'the majority of people' have milk allergies or cannot tolerate milk. what is this based on? first hand experience? youve talked to the majority of the world's population? no? how about a representational population? no? then where is the data to substantiate this? or did you just pull this out of your ass? i posted data to the contrary to back up my claim that anti-milk nutters are fucking retarded. and since anecdotal evidence is the only thing that holds any weight for you, i cannot personally think of 1 person I know or know of that cannot tolerate milk. not 1.
Appreciate 0