View Single Post
      05-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #56
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

yup yup, I understand all of that. I meant it more in a sense of... schumacher walking down the pits, way older than anybody else, twice as old as alguersuari, ready to go into his car, to be COMPETITIVE (consider his comeback, time away, etc), and go like... "yeah, I totally have the lap record, back from a different age, and here I am again, about to BEAT YOU."

that's all... I remember wayy back the 92 williams held records (with mansell?) for years and years until they caught up (that was the year with crazy drive aids), but mansell was well gone by then... well, sort of hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Not really....back in the days....cars were actually faster....with all the regulation changes (aero, mechanical, engines, and tires)....cars now are just a fraction "slower" compare to early 2000s....

also, in this track, i know at least Turn 1 has changed to a more sharp turn instead of the right hand sweep...not sure if any other corners had been modified to slow down the cars....so its not actually comparing apples to apples....

another example, bahrain, Schumi still holds the track record, but with the lengthen new section, his lap time will "never be broken"....

next will be the new Silverstone, even the new Suzuka with new tarmac surfaces might change the grip level and thus affect the lap time....
Appreciate 0