E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
But you have to take into account ambient/track temperature. They raced early to midday while Q2 would've been at dusk. Lower temperature means less grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
That comparison isn't really accurate. Sam Bird and the others did those laps AFTER the grand prix (when the track was all rubbered in). I think James Allen said the difference in pace b/w Q3 and the 'new drivers test' was around 1.5 sec. So in reality, he is actually slower than rosberg, and comparable in pace to Schumacher.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/1...ciardo-on-top/

calm down...that's why i said in previous posts that the track condition, temperature, traffic, car set up, humidity, etc are different than last Saturday....that you cannot blindly compare the two lap times.
but since someone asked...I just pull up the time....

Quote:
Ricciardo set a time of 1m 38.102s, which was 1.292 seconds faster than the pole lap last weekend. Engineers I’ve spoken to at the track say that the track improvement was around 1.2 seconds yesterday, compared to qualifying day, and it was even faster this morning. There was more grip and there was also a favourable tailwind. Also cones which had been on the apex of some corners were not there today, so there was some fractional gain from cutting the apex.
even if you take into account track difference (about 1.2-1.5 seconds)....is still a great lap from these young drivers....for sure (which Massa kept saying)....some of them will be doing great in F1....