04-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #21
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Not sure how I feel about that. Certainly the poeple opposing the DRS all together will think it dumb to further restrict it as to not even have the whole straight for it's use.

On the other hand, that straight is long. We would have seen cars just bombarding themselves past there. In a way it is a shame since we won't be able to see cars fighting back and forth for position.

On the other hand I can live with it though. Just as long as there is still enough room for something to rock the boat.
I personally think it was the right choice. If DRS could be activated on that massively long straight in its entirety, we would simply see the faster cars blow by the slower cars in the first few laps without much effort, followed by 40 or so laps of cars being separated out by their inherent performance.

With DRS active on only part of the straight, it will make it so that it helps the attacking driver, but NOT so much that it simply hands the position to them in a silver platter. Which, IMO, is the whole point of a system like DRS.
Appreciate 0