View Single Post
      05-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #71
F1Flagger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

My two cents on this.
Austin will follow Montreal on the 2012 F1 Calender. That is how it was set up with Indy. The need to consider travel costs, so November will not happen.
A race in NYC.... I will not say never.. but for it to happen would take Government involvement. (at a National Level) That is where all the new venues are coming from and have so for the last 8-10 years. No other way to come up with the fees needed to put on a F1 Race.
Monticello while it is certainly a VERY nice track, and supposedly meets FIA standards. If you have never been there.... it need a lot of infrastructure work. (Garages,pits access roads) Not that that can't be done.

Then you have to take into consideration the surrounding area... The Teams would have to commute to an from NYC. The Monticello area is... how to put it politely.... a welfare area.

Again my opinion, based on being a Marshal and worked F1 events for the past 12 years.

Austin is a great city. If they take their lead from Montreal it will be fantastic! I am looking forward to working back-to-back F1 Races in N. America again next year!!
Appreciate 0