05-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #75
Turbolader
The Fat Stig
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post

Turbolader,

I do agree about weighing in on a daily basis. Its essential to make those adjustments needed to lose weight. Weighing yourself once a week is not a good idea since there can be too much weight fluctuation in one week

I don't agree about the lap band though. Especially for someone like yourself who did it the right way once before.
I hear ya man (And believe me, you're not the first person to say the same thing to me ), but I respectfully disagree. I think the right way is the way that gets the weight off, and keeps it off. Before I did the 100 pound loss, I did a 40-pound loss (220 - 180) (In my late teens). For people that yo-yo like that, there is nothing that's proven to be successful. Look at subway's Jared (Now here's a guy who gets paid to stay thin and can't) and then look at all of the "biggest looser" people. Most of them get right back to where they started. Granted, if someone points a finger at me and says I have a problem, I'll whole-heartedly agree with them, however, how come (just about everyone that I can think of) can't keep the weight off? Doesn't seem logical that we all have a problem. Like I said though, I respectfully disagree. There are valid sources to both sides of the argument. I hope that people that do get surgical help try (more than once) to do it themselves before resorting to surgery.

OP - Sorry to get off topic