Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post

Sources:

[i]1. Smeets AJ, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. Acute effects on metabolism and appetite profile of one meal difference in the lower range of meal frequency. Br J Nutr. 2008 Jun;99(6):1316-21.

2. Taylor MA, Garrow JS. Compared with nibbling, neither gorging nor a morning fast affect short-term energy balance in obese patients in a chamber calorimeter. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001 Apr;25(4):519-28.

3. Bellisle F, McDevitt R, Prentice AM. Meal frequency and energy balance. Br J Nutr. 1997 Apr;77 Suppl 1:S57-70.

You guys are stuck with old science that has been updated - time to get educated!
Owned by PubMed .

Just thought I would follow this up and say that you are absolutely correct. No recent studies indicate that timing of your meal (or amount of calories ingested in one sitting) have any bearing on weight gain or weight loss.

There's also no such thing as, "if I eat too much, I won't absorb protein, and I'll just absorb all the carbs". Proteins, fats, and carbohydrates are broken down and absorbed by intestines independently of one another.

To OP - not to discourage you, but it is a difficult path that you tread on. What you refer to "heavy body build" is actually the fact that our bodies have inherent weight set-points, kind of like the thermostat for your AC. Our bodies will always gravitate towards that set-point, and will do so by secreting all sorts of hormones and growth factors when we are too far above or below that set-point weight. It is controlled and tightly regulated in the hypothalamus of your brain. You can read about Leptin, peptide YY, etc if you are curious.

What does that all mean? You need to be vigilant not only to lose weight, but with the most difficult part, which is maintaining the weight loss. Either way, we're all glad to see you're giving it a go, and we hope you accomplish your goal!
Appreciate 0