01-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #24
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
So I have the standard LED / non-laserlights in my car, but driving around at night I'm noticing quite a few more people than normal flashing their lights at me like I'm blinding them with my high-beams. Obviously this isn't the case, and I typically go ahead and flash my high-beams at them to let them know I'm not intentionally being a douche, but it just got wondering and realizing this is typically the case when I get a new car, then the occurrence tends to "fade".

My other car (F80 M3) also has the adaptive LED lights and I noticed this a lot at first there too, now I might only get it if I happened to be catching someone at a bad angle. This was also certainly the case when I had my first factory halogen lights on a new car 20 years ago, or really probably for every new car I have had since that point.

Obviously lights have become brighter, with wider angles, and have been a bluer light over the last several years, however, I can't say these lights are currently much different than the M3 other than the shape and height. So is it just me, or is there some combination of the lights leveling more, scratches on the lenses, and perhaps some literal dimming of the intensity of the light over say the first 5000 miles that makes me less annoying to others?
It is because the low beams are a 4 headlight system so when people see 4 headlights on they assume you have your brights on. the high beams just add to that
Appreciate 0