View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 10:11 PM   #15
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
If the TTS did not exist, I’d still own the M5. The M5 is a special ride. I just decided to cut the car count down to simply oil changes, inspections, etc. I’m a leather snob and the M5 hits the mark. Crazy comfortable. Handles and accelerates better than 4300lbs should. Sounds awesome with the X Pipe. Zero rattles. Very solidly built....slightly better than the TTS. The TTS got the nod for footprint, PDK, 5600rpm launches and 3470lbs. Very visceral. Reasonably comfortable.
The TTS has been rock solid for me - but the M5CE is still special - just differently. Perhaps it's because I always feel ready in that car and it carries me through all four (and I mean FOUR) seasons without an issue, great for work and clients and still makes me feel special (without being too flashy)- I am glad I have it. That said - I only have two cars now lol. I understand T's points about the closeness between them - the TTS is very daily - and it does everything well. For a day to day the TTS is too special for me. I recognize for some that isn't the case. Plus, - if I brought that out to work it would likely have a negative affect on many. I have enjoyed both - in some ways the same way - and in others - completely different. So far the combo works for me. That said - the M5 after next season will be trading in for another car (it's a lease) - so who knows what is next...
Appreciate 1
onfireX53618.50