View Single Post
      07-24-2015, 04:54 AM   #17
AdamW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Heart View Post
I got this sort of situation/comments from some people around me too. I used to have an e46 M3 for a few years and loved it. Then my wife and I were expecting our baby boy so I decided to be the sensible/responsible family man which led to selling my M3 in place to get a larger/roomier car, so I got an F10 535i since no 4 door M3 was available at the time. But nice and comfortable as the 535i is, it's just not fun to drive so I'm bored of it and wanted a different car. The opportunity came across to get either a new M3 and also I played with the idea of getting a 7 series just because the fact that one can be had for an awesome deal right now due to the arrival of the 2016 model soon. Anyway, I asked my wife which one should I get the M3 or the 7 and that the 7 would actually be considerably less expensive. She said "get the M3". I then asked her why and not save a bit by getting the 7? She responded "because you always wanted to get back into an M. If you're going to spend "X" already, why not pay "X" more and by happy? You'll get the 7 and be happy for a bit since it would be a different car (and nice by the way), but after awhile you will end up bored with it for the same reasons you're bored with the 5". Also, since we only have 1 child right now (2 years old), it would be the last time within the near future I could have/justify having/affording the M3. So enjoy life and be happy! With that said, my F80 is scheduled to hit the port on the 30th ?.
Sorry if thread jacking somehow.

Im with you mate. I had crazy cars, then the kids arrived and made me sensible. My mrs did say something similar actually and i guess if they are telling us its ok, then it must be ok

Like everyone says on here, life is too short. My kids will get my current house and 50% of my company if i popped my clogs tomorrow so theyd be setup and sorted

I guess if you were spending 1K+ a month it might be a different story .

We all work dam hard in life so seems fair to have something we enjoy to make it worth while
Appreciate 0