View Single Post
      06-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

There used to be a sequence of Oil Service - Inspection I - Oil Service - Inspection II services at intervals which varied from about 12,000 to 18,000 miles. The oil services also included a number of inspections which were clearly spelled out by BMW. This was discontinued around 2006 with the E90.

So the new "Oil Service" for the E90 consists of an oil & filter change, a keyfob readout and a check of the parking brake and every 3rd oil change, the air filter is replaced. There is also a 30,000 mile inspection and brake pad/rotor replacements as needed. Brake fluid and cabin microfilter changes will come up every two years and spark plugs either when needed or at 45,000 miles for 335i and 100,000 for the 328i, depending on the year.

Your car's computer will tell you when the various items need servicing - but when you go in for an early service (on your own dime) as you did, the computer's service countdown is normally not reset. This ensures that you can get your next free service on schedule.

And you should have a warranty/service manual which attempts to explain all this.

Tom
Appreciate 0