View Single Post
      05-23-2014, 02:55 AM   #21
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
E90 - Engine - Engine - Engine, Looks, Interior Party Quality, Overall Extremely Solid Feel, Hydraulic Steering
F80 - Looks, Tranny, Weight, Better Balance, Better Chassis

...i just started a fire.
In tis way I can underwrite it !!!

As someone bring it on the point:
  • The E90M3 is all about engine !
  • The F80M3 is all about chassis, suspension and brake !

Surely if you only see the M3 as an daily driver the S55 with its his torque is better than the S65, but if you see an M3 more as something special "Rennsporttechnik für die Straße" the S65 is much more special, unique and fascinating than the S55 simply because its an racing engine in an streetcar ... an engine like the S65 you gets only in really sportscars like Ferrari. The S55 is an very good turbo engine ... but nothing more.

An none could/should say that the E90M3 was an bad DailyDriver ... only his gas milage was poor, but that in the USA the case with many Real DailyDriver-Cars like big Pickups and big SUV.

If you only searching an fast and sporty DailyDriver from BMW than take an 335i with M-Sport-Package ... even in the case of the F30 and F80 this was the case, because from its stiff chassis the F80 would be much less comfortable to ride.

For me the perfekt M3 and "the really best possible M3 ever" would be clearly an F80M3 with all its Chassis-, Suspension-, Drivetrain-, Brake- and Weight-Advantages with an slightly modified S65 engine and the old M-DCT !!!
Appreciate 0