02-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #35
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Back when I had a Range Rover Sport Autobiography, lowering it was a major concession that made it untenable for extended use.

Lowering links were the cheap or ghetto way to go seriously compromising ride quality beating on the air suspension since they were never designed to ride at anything but stock height.

Lowering modules were a little less intrusive since all software trickery, but I ran into random faults.

How viable is it these days to find a proper lowered height with bigger wheels in BMW SUV land? Hoping it's not the same as LR world.
OP took picture with it at new loading height.
Normal condition, it is at stock original loading height or lowest setting on air suspension.
It is shown in the 3rd picture.

Also, the car is coded to start at sport individual with only suspension setting that is on sport mode.
This way, the dampening will compensate the lack of air in the bag.

Lastly, the air suspension that BMW uses since G-chassis is the newer technology, unlike the previous version that BMW uses in E7x and F15/F16 X5/X6, F85/F86 X5M/X6M where the rides becomes really bouncy when you go lower more than 1".
The funny part, other European manufacturers has been using this type of Air Suspension for the longest time.
I believe it is as early as MY2000 Mercedes Benz S-Class.

Ideally, yes, you go with lowering module.
But, they are being sold at $1000 or more.
I bet you it does the same thing just by intercepting the signal from the leveling sensor to the suspension module, just in very complicated way.

I hope I able to address your concern.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
raystatus170.50
Miko M6648.50