08-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #21
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
I am still confused, you negotiated a price, and from what I understand the final deal was for the price you negotiated.

They reworked the negotiated price to add some kick ins for the finance department, but what you are paying stayed the same. I am not sure why it matters to you, unless I am just being slow and not understanding this correctly.
OP was effectively sold products he didn't want. OP agreed to the car price without these add-ons, so didn't really suffer a loss but believes the dealer should have provided a better price on the car without them included, which may or may not be the case.

If unaware of the practice, the people most pissed off should be the dealership owner and GM because the finance guy pissed away margin to roll in F&I products and earn more commission for himself, while potentially exposing the dealership to a regulatory violation (and fines). If OP was willing to pay the same price without these products, it would have been a higher margin for the dealership because they wouldn't have to pay the companies that provide the add-ons.