View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 08:28 PM   #56
balmain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007 View Post
What’s idiotic is a Range Rover owner on a bmw forum using bad arguments to prove why their personal choice of owning a rr is better than someone else’s personal choice of choosing a bmw. Fanboys are people who can’t consider choices others make as potentially reasonable just because it’s not the choice they made. This is the stance several “butthurt fanboys” have made since the review thought the x7 was the better vehicle.
You sound small minded, a loyal fanboy or just poor. People who purchase new Range Rovers are quite wealthy and generally have more than one vehicle. Many Range Rover owners have both, and there are a few here so far who do have both. Are they to chose which brand has their loyalty and stick with the forum of that make?

My parents being in that category. I have a lowly M4, but I have had experience with high end vehicles vehicles parents have a 2019 Range Rover (full size) Autiobiography, a 2015 MB G63, 2017 Porsche 9114s and the newest - 2020 750i (which replaced an 17 MB S550) .

I have driven them all, and sorry but the 7-Series is my least favorite even though it makes the rest seem quite old from a tech standpoint. It's packed with amazing, newest tech (because it is the newest), it handles better than them all (with exception of the Porsche obviously). With that said, it feels pedestrian. I have never driven the X7 but I'm sure it offers a similar experience. Cruising in town, sitting up high in a new Range Rover is just feels more glamorous and special than the BMW; the leather feels higher quality, better ambiance, and the Meridian sound system is the best I have ever heard in any vehicle with the exception of the Naim in the Bentley. Better than the Bowers & Wilkins in the 750i. People in the $100k price range are more drawn to that experience...which is why the elderly and more expensive Range Rover outsells the brand new state of the art 7 Series 2:1.

The car reviewer stated his opinion and others are allowed to state their own option.

Last edited by balmain; 08-19-2019 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0