View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 03:55 AM   #10
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmatx View Post
I'm just chiming in to say THANK YOU! I was just checking the forums and was about to ask this very question.

I was installing Bilstein B8s with H&R sports today and ran into the bump stop-or-no dilemma. The front shocks clearly state not to use the bump stops, but the rears are not so clear. For the rears, there's no way to reuse the factory shaft cover w/o reusing the bump stop as well, so I went with the bump stops. (haven't finished yet, so I can't report on results... 1 corner still to go)

Btw, I'm replacing the factory M Performance suspension, so I can't recommend going that route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr-Racing View Post
Nice let me know what you think onces you got every thing install, i had to much work to get around to installing mine.

Ps: im also getting rid of the factory M suspension.
You do realize that the Sportline trim as well as the M Sport trim comes with the factory "Sport" suspension (aka 704 suspension) even though the car may be an 'M Sport' trim right?

Are you replacing the factory "Sport" suspension or are you replacing your port-installed M Performance Suspension?

It's pretty easy to tell. If your springs are red, then you likely have the M Performance Suspension.

Going from the actual matched spring/strut M Performance Suspension to Bilstein/H&R combo is going backwards. You'll likely have something that doesn't handle as well nor rides comfortable for DD.

Last edited by Polo08816; 03-24-2017 at 04:01 AM..
Appreciate 0