Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Video: Future "ZeroG" lounger seat for X7

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I find this interesting, and also promising, that BMW seems to be willing to explore designs of the X7 interior. This comes from this Youtube video I found of the seat, and an excerpt from a news article posted on the Bimmerpost front page. BMW looking to add this as an option to production models "in next few years".

Description:

Quote:
The BMW X7 ZeroG Lounger.

With the BMW i Interaction EASE, the BMW Group is offering a glimpse into a future where autonomous travel has long since become part of everyday life. However, the premium carmaker’s stand at this year’s CES in Las Vegas is not only a platform for study vehicles, it also showcases concrete designs – as highlighted by the BMW X7 ZeroG Lounger to stunning effect. Offering the first fully personalised recline and relax experience in a BMW model, this seat has been earmarked for series production in the next few years.

Two BMW X7 models fitted with a ZeroG Lounger are on display at CES 2020 and can be taken for a test drive. The luxurious seat can be tilted back by 40 or 60 degrees into a comfortable reclined position. The seat belt forms an integral part of the seat and adjusts to suit the reclined position, ensuring maximum safety even while on the move. The BMW X7 ZeroG Lounger already meets all the requisite safety standards, thanks to new and innovative safety features. Besides the integration of the belt into the seat, this also includes a cocoon airbag providing wraparound protection for the occupant in the event of an accident and efficient dissipation of impact energy via the seat rail.

Made from top-quality materials, the ZeroG Lounger focuses on delivering the ultimate in seating comfort – and also responds to the passenger’s needs while on the road. When the seat is in the reclined position, for instance, the passenger can enjoy the in-car entertainment programme on a screen built into the headliner. They can also opt to have directional information shown on the screen during a journey, complete with animated graphics when making a turn. As well as aiding spatial orientation, this can reduce motion sickness by a factor of four. Passengers don’t have to worry about dwindling smartphone battery life either; their device can be placed in a holder with an inductive charging facility. The holder’s clever design allows the smartphone’s display to be viewed effortlessly in any of the ZeroG Lounger’s various sitting or reclining positions.
Appreciate 3
iconoclast7262.50
LittleJoe1064.00
clee1982797.50