Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq View Post
Nice review. Glad you had fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Glad you had this much fun. Dual purpose cars are my favorite it seems the F8x is up to the job.
thanks guys, and yes, the m3 is all I can handle that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Kenny,

Great write-up, thanks for sharing! BTW, I've never heard of Harris Hill before and come to find out it's just a few miles from where my parents live, let me know if there is another opportunity to go out there. It looks like it's generally reserved for members but perhaps there are occasional events you can sign up for?

I also wanted to ask if you ever make it out to Driver's Edge events at MSR Houston, TWS, or Cresson? I'm planning to be at the January TWS event. BTW, there is also a special 2-day event at COTA in December that I unfortunately can't make happen this year, if you can make it out there you should. I would definitely advise doing pads and fluid before then though and monitoring tire pressures after runs.
thanks, mobbing. harris hill is a lot of fun, and is very safe which I like. its not too hard to get on as a guest, just call the owner.

I used to run some with DE, but honestly, I don't expect to in the future. IMO they don't include enough track time and more importantly there are FAR too many cars on track at the same time imo. Its dangerous, and a lot of time sessions end up wasted when you are either the slow car and getting passed the entire time, or you are held up in traffic. its just not for me.

COTA is interesting at some point, but I have heard from my friends that it is brutally tough on street cars, and im not sure I want to deal with that. its also very expensive for HPDE there, and with all the walls, im just not sure I would make the most of it as I would be pretty nervous to push my car out there. one day I would love to do it when im more confident with my car and skills, or have a dedicated car to use.

at this point, im more interested in getting involved with open lapping days / private days than HPDE, although I enjoy PDS at TWS. it was a revelation to do it this way at harris hill. more fun, more relaxing, more track time, and safer IMO. win on all fronts.