Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 & 20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Wow. Very nice!

Thoughts vs 135i & M3?
135? or M235? I had a 08 135i M sport for two yrs prior to the M3. Liked it a lot, especially its size.
I would say the M235i is around 80-85% as incredible as the M3. It was very hard however to use that extra 20% in chicagoland. Poor roads and low spd limits are bad for v8s with 8400rpm. The M3 had incredible road connection and felt so precise in cornering. The only way to compare a M235i to an M3 is to be in Sport + mode. Once there I have no regrets over the trade in. The power comes right away and is still linear and smooth. The steering in sport mode makes you forget how strange the steering felt when I first drove one in comfort. In sport the steering is connected and well weighted. The new tech is amazing as well.
In no way is this car superior to the M3, especially if you track, however for everyday driving it is a easier car to live with and still provides a near full on M experience. I said this to my friends the other day. "The M235i is beautiful bmw looking and a blast to drive, its just not as bada$$ as the M3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Looks great. Just needs some dark mirror caps so it doesn't look like a miss match.
Mirrors and rear reflector delete are next. I think I will go Gloss Black for the caps to match the grills and window trim.
Appreciate 0