07-19-2022, 11:39 AM   #805
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...z06-price-tag/

Fans React to Higher-Than-Expected 2023 Corvette Z06 Price Tag

Quote:
Pricing for the 2023 Corvette Z06 is higher than expected, but many still plan on buying one.

After many months of waiting, General Motors finally announced 2023 Corvette Z06 pricing earlier this week, and needless to say, it was a bit more than most folks expected. Coming in at $106,395 for the for the 1LZ coupe, $113,895 for the 1LZ convertible, $115,595 for the 2LZ coupe, $122,595 for the 2LZ convertible, $120,245 for the 3LZ coupe, and $127,245 for the 3LZ convertible, not including the extra $17-19k for the Z07 package or additional options that can drive the price up past the $150k mark. That's a whole lot of money by most people’s standards, but in all fairness, the 2023 Corvette Z06 is a heck of a lot of car. Regardless, a pair of threads in the Corvette Forum resulted in some pretty interesting takes on this news, too, many of them laced with anger and disappointment.

“Terrible news. So not only did GM string us along forever, but they also outright lied to us about the price differential to a base Stingray being in line with the prior gen,” said Armchair Architect. “$45k+ (after gas guzzler tax) for an engine upgrade package and wider body, with no lightweighting at all? No thanks. GM just pulled the biggest ‘blue *****’ move in all of automotive history. I don’t think they realize how much negative PR/bad will they have generated throughout this whole debacle which culminated in this nonsense. Oh, and orders open up on the day (July 28) when Q2 GDP figures are released and we officially learn that we’re in a recession!”

Of course, not everyone is disappointed by this news, as it will make quite a few folks drop out of the running in terms of actually buying a new Z06. “Love it! I know this sounds snobby, but I’m happy it’s more expensive so I won’t have to wait forever to get one,” said marknagy13. “The C8 is still an amazing car for people where this is slightly out of their price range. My two cents is that Chevy didn’t want to blend the price of this vs. a used C8. That wouldn’t be a good biz model.”

In spite of a veritable wave of negative comments surrounding GM’s pricing of the 2023 Corvette Z06, a poll in this thread indicates that roughly 47 percent of Corvette Forum readers still plan on buying one, compared to the 17 percent that won’t and 35 percent that are still on the fence, as of this writing.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0