View Single Post
      11-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #33
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
From a purely moral perspective, I can't disagree. But from a pragmatic perspective, Red Bull are being foolish.
You make pretty compelling arguments, but at the end of the day, it's still cheating. The end justifies the means. And remember it's still illegal . And I happen to think Horner, for example, will always be regarded as an altruistic guy in the sport. And I bet that's important for him. He did things right, even when it was against his interests; THAT's never easy. But he'll sleep at night like a baby . Some people can cheat on their wives like nothing happened. Others feel guilty. And the best just don't do it, regardless of temptation. THAT last is the hardest man, but few people respect us. The cheaters have all the fun . But I wouldn't have it any other way (23 years and counting); don't want that example for my kids, but that's just me. Alonso may very well win the title, but I have zero respect for the guy. Is he a talented driver? Hell yes. But respect for him? None. He has the 'win at any cost' mentality I so much detest. And Ferrari is the same way .

Anyway, seems like it depends on character how people vote on this controversial issue . Just like oil discussions, nobody is going to win. Let's see what the hell happens in a few days . Take care man.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-10-2010 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0