06-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #16
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduvy View Post
Don’t throw stones, but I’m not sure I want this (trying to convince myself). My 50i honestly has more power than i “need.” I love driving AMG and true M cars, but I’ve test driven a GLS63 two different times, and it just feels a little ridiculous to me. It doesn’t accelerate or handle like a car, and putting this much hp behind it just doesn’t feel comfortable to me. Granted, the GLS63 has 577 hp and this M50i has 523, but I’m guessing it’ll feel the same. My two cents: if you want a sports car, buy a sports car.

I don't disagree with this. My 50i is already actually difficult to drive "smoothly." Especially in sport mode, but even comfort, the gas and braking are so sensitive, my girls all end up car sick from drives around town and in traffic. I recently discovered I should put it in ECO mode when with the family, then it drives a lot more smoothly. Of course, I throw it in sport when I'm on my own or needing to make some separation from traffic...

And geez, in my 50i, I hit 80 and it feels like I'm barely moving. I don't go much faster to avoid speeding tickets. So while I love the idea of the 523hp M version, as a practical matter, I just can't imagine doing it...