E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
PLANETF1.com - Alonso slams latest rule changes

Quote:
Two-time World Champ Fernando Alonso has warned the FIA risks alienating fans of F1 in the wake of sweeping regulation changes.

The FIA's World Motor Sport Council has ruled that from this season onwards the drivers' title will be decided by race wins rather than points, while in a separate move the FIA decreed that from 2010 teams would be given the option of adhering to a budget cap of £30million.

The moves have already prompted criticism from the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA), who have accused the FIA of acting "unilaterally" in their rejection of both FOTA's own proposal to revise the points structure in F1 and their plans to reduce costs in the sport by 50% from 2010.

Alonso, who won the Drivers' title with Renault in 2005 and 2006, has joined the chorus of disquiet over the FIA's actions, calling for the budget cap rules in particular to be "reconsidered".

"I don't understand the need to constantly change the rules of this sport," the Spaniard told his personal website. "I think that these types of decisions can only confuse the fans.

"Formula One has developed for more than 50 years thanks to the teams, the sponsors, the drivers and, above all, the fans throughout the world, and none of them have been able to put their points of view in front of the FIA.

"I'm concerned not so much about the decisions that will affect the season which is about to start but, above all, those that will affect the future of the competition in the coming years.

"I hope that there's some way in which these measures can be reconsidered in the short term."

Alonso's boss, Renault team managing director Flavio Briatore, has also weighed in on the argument, calling Tuesday's announcement a "shock".

"With this we really need to sit down together and understand it, because the teams have already done a big job to reduce the costs," Briatore told BBC Sport.

"Formula One is very complicated. Sometimes you try to reduce the costs and instead the costs go up. We need stability, we need to be working with the federation together.

"It was a bit of a shock. I believe all the parties need to be working together to achieve a target.

"The financial crisis makes everyone worried and we need Formula One to be more efficient but sometimes we are not happy with the sentences that are imposed.

"I believe the teams have already done an incredible job for 2009 and 2010, and now we're ready to go further but we need to continue working together with the federation."
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...070340,00.html

Thank you Fernando!!!
Seems like its just Bernie and Max Mosley are short sighted and stupid....they alieninate fans like us and casual viewers just to tune in for some action once a while....they'll be more confused than various rules and regulations that F1 has now....
Thanks to them...F1 is being torn apart quickly....