Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
I pretty much agree with everything you say here - terrific interface and device, but lacking some basic features.

Regarding the bit about installing apps... because you have presumably had to 'jailbreak' yours to get it working on another network, I guess this is how you managed to get the extra apps installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Mainly because it is like having a phone from 3+ years ago.

I normally change my phone annually with a new contract and my last three phones have all done mms, multiple texts, had flash on camera, been more than 2 megapixel, recorded short movies, been able to use mp3's as ringtones, had an external mem card function, been able to read contacts from SIM card, been able to forward a text message, been able to share files with other phones via bluetooth, etc.....

These are just the drawbacks I can think of!! As well as the lack of 3G it does make it a pretty shite device as a phone.

HOWEVER.....it is gorgeous and I still love it!!

(I have downloaded apps now to be able to forward on texts, send multiple texts, receive mms (but not send as yet) as well as a few other functions)

Not sure why Apple were so short sighted and just looked at the phone market around them. All of the missing functions are now BASIC functions that even £9.99 pay as u go phones have!!