02-15-2021, 06:55 AM   #21
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
G05 is completely different from previous generations whereas the F15 was an overhauled E70. Built on the same chassis with revised looks and a few tech revisions over the years. If you could justify the slight differences from E70 to F15 then you could easily understand why most have gone from F15 to G05.
I agree. A good friend who works for BMW also said that the F15 ironed out many of the quality issues (engine and body) and in fact one of the reasons I ended up with an F15. My friend recently got the new X5 M50i and it's similarly optioned as mine. I have to admit, the G05 is better in every way - the paint is better, the seats are more comfortable, the tech is better, it drives better and it looks really nice in the extended black design (the first time I saw the grill in black vs. chrome and it looks so much nicer).

My F15 has the DHP so I don't notice any wallowing or sloppiness. I believe you absolutely need one of the optional suspensions with the F15, and still, I use 19-inch rims for comfort. With the G05, no such issue - at least with the M50i. WOW. It's impressive. My wife won't trade her Model Y for it, but I would. LOL.

Last edited by FCX5; 02-15-2021 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7265.50