03-19-2023, 08:43 AM   #55
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockngbrd View Post
Omg iron man color combo... Yeeech

I reckon it wouldn't have been slammed so bad if it wasn't M's "hero" car, like a BMW X8 or X9 coupe or something. Making it their halo car is a slap in the face of all who love the brand. Which other sporty marque has a frigging SUV as their flagship?

Flagship hero cars are meant to elevate the brand and reinforce what the brand stands for and its heritage (LFA, 918, even the E-tron GT), not throw everything under the bridge in search of sales. I reckon it was the idea of marketing and accounts to badge it XM instead of X9 or X7 coupe. Imagine if Porsche, lambo or Ferrari made their flagship an SUV. Even Rolls Royce doesn't do it.

This car was not built by people who love M cars nor driving (they prob moved over to hyundai N) . This car was made by Google spreadsheets, "focus groups" and tiktok influencers. I hope it flops.

And like most mistakes BMW makes- they end up being massive, lucrative gains for people outside the brand to jump right in.

I suspect like the M3- they will be lower production and hard to get for years.

In my eyes it will flop when I see massive discounts. Like 20-30,000 like 7 series used to have.
Appreciate 0