View Single Post
      03-19-2023, 07:02 PM   #65
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Just spent the entire afternoon with the XM.

First, this thing has huge presence. While I was trying to capture videos/photos, people from the street were stopping to see what the XM was. Mission accomplished BMW.

There was the Cape York Green with gold trim, Black Sapphire Metallic with gold trim and Marina Bay Blue with black trim. The Marina Bay Blue was the best looking with the black trim - the gold trim doesn't do it for me. I actually hate it.

Exterior: Presence. Presence. Presence. The XM wears the new split headlight design better than the 7er and X7. It looks absolutely mean. The rest of the vehicle is disappointing for me. The side trim was a stupid design decision. The rear has this weird look because the rear windshield is all glass, theres no frame. The taillights look comically thin.

Interior: Typical BMW. iDrive 8 hate it/love it, it's here to stay. Everything is high quality with very little hard/cheap plastic, which IMO shouldn't even be a thing at this price point especially when the BMW XM is its own model - it shouldn't feel like re-used parts from other BMW SAV's. The rear seats? COMFORTABLE. Like 7er comfortable.

Unfortunately, overall the XM is not unique enough for its price tag. When you sit in it and drive, it feels like any other the other BMW SAV's. That's not a bad thing because they drive great, but you have a hard time trying to justify the price tag. I have zero interest in the G Wagen and I think it's an absurd car but the G Wagen is unique enough where it doesn't look or drive like any other Mercedes in the line up. The BMW XM is the G Wagen for BMW enthusiasts.
Appreciate 1