United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
Snap...

Also, Sport Auto and Visibility Pack are real highlights. I followed a mate the other night and he described it as like "Being followed by a Pink Floyd laser light show!"...

I'm also about the 600 mile mark and I'm sure the car is noticeably loosening up. Looking forward to it being ran-in ready to play with. Keep enjoying your new toy.
I must admit after a 400 mile round trip yesterday mostly in comfort mode, I took mine out earlier And stuck in sport plus and it felt a lot faster. Maybe it's just me getting used to it still.

I did read a thread on here a while back and there was a chat about BMW maybe limiting the cars for the first x amount of miles. I dunno, whatever it is I love the car.
I read a similar thread, for diesels the manual says for 1200 miles to avoid kick down exceeding 3500rpm and 90 odd mph.

I've been 'Comfort' only so far. When it's been fully warm I've done a couple of surprisingly rapid overtakes. However, the 8AT changes at 3500rpm... Supporting the car protecting itself...

At 600 miles, and a slightly higher ambient air temperature, my economy seems a couple if mpg better and I'm less 'grannying' it now...