07-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #2
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepimentel View Post
I’m sure that this has been discussed a few times but I wanted to get your opinion on my situation. I’m picking up my M340 and my dealer is offering the following Wheel and Tire protection:

“DYNAMIC MAX Tire & Wheel Protection (3yrs) = $1,999 + Tax

Unlimited Tire Replacements for your 19" Run Flat Tires (as they can't be repaired and Expensive to replace) due to bubbles, flats, punctures, etc... $0 deductible

Unlimited Rim Repair or Replacements for your 19”M Wheels if they are bent, cracked, damaged due to road hazards (potholes, etc)... $0 deductible

BONUS = 4 - Cosmetic Repairs (due to curb rash)... $0 deductible”

This will be my 3rd leased BMW and for the other two cars I’ve had to fully replace 2 RFT and I repaired / plugged 2 others. But those were on 18” wheels. Now that my new M340 will have 19” Jet Black 792Ms with RFTs and I live in New York City (potholes everywhere) I’m wondering if it makes sense to get protection on the wheels and tires.

What do you guys think? I also know that this plan is marked up, but what do you think is a fair price that I negotiate for if I decide to get it?
I am also in NYC (Queens) and have 1200 miles on my M340 with 791M runflats. I did not take any of these extra packages. However, I tore a 3 inch gap in the front left tire after 200 miles while changing lanes on the LIE ( big pothole at the interface between lanes), and it cost me 1/3 of the cost of the tire package for the new tire and wheel alignment (I don't know if the tire package covers wheel alignment checks, but when you smack through a 4 inch deep pothole on at expressway speed, it's probably a good idea to get one).

Upside was, the run flats let me drive to the nearby BMW dealership who gave me a loaner and I carried on my day trip out to the Hamptons. They also had never seen an M340i at that dealership so I had half the dealership admiring the car!

No issues since then though, so I think it was just a pothole from hell...but I did that journey for 5 yrs in an M235i with non runflats and never had such issues with a pothole.
Appreciate 0