View Single Post
      04-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #151
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I think you are partially right, yep they will probably lose money, "hopefully" they have enough cash reserves to survive. Since they are private we dont really know.

I mean GM didnt have enough during 2008/2009. I don't equate big to necessarily smart with their cash. The Airlines are toast and they were having record years of profit, but instead of saving some, they bought their own stock back. I mean they still probably would be in trouble either way due to how bad it has gotten for air travel, but they pretty much were in trouble right away.

There are companies that you think are large and solid and cant pay next month's rent on their buildings.

That being said we were thinking of upgrading our X5 to and X7 next year, but man if the prices really come down we may do it now.

Throw the 20% off number and see if it sticks. This relief rally on Wall Street will end sooner than later at that point more dealerships will accept a price.

Quite a lot of big companies are over leveraged hence the government is stepping in to help with unlimited QE. Only thing left for the Fed to do now is take the corporate debt on to their books and let the companies start from scratch. We are living in scary times.
Appreciate 0