View Single Post
      05-31-2023, 02:13 PM   #46
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
The rough roads you deal with is one of the reasons I suggested a 4Runner. It has plenty of clearance and suspension travel to deal with terrible road conditions, plus the 4WD would be useful for winter driving conditions.

Another bonus is that there is a large enthusiast following for 4Runners and other Toyota 4x4s.
A 4Runner makes for a TERRIBLE daily. I should know, my wife has a 2020 TRD Off Road done up to look like a TRD Pro. The truck handles like a wet porkchop in the dry, like a stick of butter in the wet, nose dives hilariously bad on even slightly moderate braking, is loud on the highway (largely due to the AT tires), and gets 16-17 mpg in the city and 17-19 mpg on the highway. It's what she wanted and I do like driving it, but God is that thing full of compromise and so dated. It's a 2020 vehicle with a freaking super long geared 5 speed automatic and standard fuel injection. Yeah, it's a beast off-road, but neither her nor I have any experience traversing anything beyond a severely washed out country gravel road