United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
A 4Runner makes for a TERRIBLE daily. I should know, my wife has a 2020 TRD Off Road done up to look like a TRD Pro. The truck handles like a wet porkchop in the dry, like a stick of butter in the wet, nose dives hilariously bad on even slightly moderate braking, is loud on the highway (largely due to the AT tires), and gets 16-17 mpg in the city and 17-19 mpg on the highway. It's what she wanted and I do like driving it, but God is that thing full of compromise and so dated. It's a 2020 vehicle with a freaking super long geared 5 speed automatic and standard fuel injection. Yeah, it's a beast off-road, but neither her nor I have any experience traversing anything beyond a severely washed out country gravel road
True, 4Runners are dated, but the drivetrain is near bulletproof which hits the naturally aspirated and reliability requirements. Compromised as they are, lots of people use them as daily drivers here in CO. Of course, there are numerous other makes and models that can also fill those requirements.

In my opinion, it's nice to have an SUV as a second vehicle for the versatility.