United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lago1974 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
It will sit in production for a while and then a few more days when it actually starts the body assembly process. Then it will get built fast in those 16 stages! Fun to watch! I was looking everyday!
Since I'm a complete noob in terms of understanding vehicle assembly processes, what is it they are doing in the "production" stage exactly? Mine's been in the "production begins" stage for about a week, next stage shows as exterior body assembly. Would that be everything inside the car is done first?
Thanks man.
It just means that your vehicle has been put into the production queue. That just means it's been assigned a build slot. The next step will be the body assembly process and the remaining steps will happen very quickly after that. Mine sat in the production queue for a few weeks before the actual build process began.

Your dealer should've assigned you a production order number. You can logon to your My BMW account, plug-in that number, and watch your vehicle go through the 16-step build process at the factory. That's actually pretty neat to watch it go down the line.

I was checking mine hourly!
Appreciate 2
lago1974169.00
clee1982797.50