09-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #22
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Specifically for gauges: always analog.

Blue light emitting from a screen fatigues the eyes much more than a few red or white lights. An example is turning on blue light filter on your phone or monitor. Instant relief the more blue light you filter out. I've adopted and adapted to these filters, and until automakers implement a blue light filter for full screen digital displays, I'll never own one.

Maybe an OLED screen with a black theme to turn black pixels off, but even then I still just like the looks and 3 dimensionality of real gauges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Specifically for gauges: always analog.

Blue light emitting from a screen fatigues the eyes much more than a few red or white lights. An example is turning on blue light filter on your phone or monitor. Instant relief the more blue light you filter out. I've adopted and adapted to these filters, and until automakers implement a blue light filter for full screen digital displays, I'll never own one.

Maybe an OLED screen with a black theme to turn black pixels off, but even then I still just like the looks and 3 dimensionality of real gauges.
True true...

The older VW dash was inspired by air traffic control.

I think It was a faint red with white back lighting...
Appreciate 0