M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantalias
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a while. This forum has been immensely helpful over the last month as I settled on the M2 as my next car.

I just snagged a LBB, exec, DCT launch car!

I initially worked with a few dealers that had wait lists. It was very frustrating and information was contradictory. Today I did an 8 dealership call campaign and learned a ton. Expected allocations are similar in medium-sized mid/southwestern cities (~3) and small mid/southwestern cities (~1). Many have commensurate wait lists, however, some are 6-9 deep. Some dealers have no idea what is going on but when they look in their order systems they have a launch car. (!) Texas folks, go between Lubbock and El Paso -- as of today, there's a launch car available and no wait list.

In the 10 dealerships I've talked to I've found that wait list lengths and deposit policies vary widely. However, every dealer I called, including one in Connecticut, planned to charge MSRP. My purchase is for MSRP.

I really, really appreciate the community and information here. Knowing pricing details going into what would have otherwise been a blind negotiation was huge. Understanding that all M's are on allocation -- since I initially considered ED -- was important. All the ED details are amazing. Getting the word out about the forthcoming MY2017 warranty change was a tremendous insight.

Thanks, all!

Justin
Congratulations! I've definitely been telling people to call rural areas and smaller mid size cities.

It may take some legwork to get an allocation , but there are some to be found.

Every dealer is guaranteed one car and some of them probably don't event want it and know nothing about it !
Appreciate 0