View Single Post
      05-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #18
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'm going to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but that is POOR driving right there. You should ALWAYS look past the car(s) in front of you. The most fundamental and basic principles of driving fast on the track should not be ignored, no matter how skilled you are at catching a spin or how desperate you are at trying to get past a car.

I understand that the video may only be a reflection of a small percentage of the actual driving, but if I were to completely base it on what I see here, while the ability to "save" the car may be applauded, the actual driving is...questionable at best.

Before you get all offended and disagree, I'm just trying to educate the masses here who have had no actual on-track training and think this type of stuff is impressive or how you're suppose to drive on the track. In my not so humble opinion, you were more LUCKY than good.
You're right, your nose doesn't belong there. As always you're giving your "input" where it's definitely not appreciated.

You are self admittedly being ignorant by ignoring the majority of the situation. From a 30 second clip you have made a conclusion which is pretty poor one, though maybe not entirely incorrect. (and pretty much all the clips I upload are of "incidents" because that is what is interesting to people)

As I already stated it was in fact poor driving and I should not have let the dweeb get the better of me and let my emotions control my driving instead of pitting. BUT in that instance I had already been following him for several laps, there was NO traffic in front and for some reason he decided to brake down to 10-20mph slower then every lap before. Try to tell me you wouldn't have been caught off guard or wouldn't have been that close or handled it better.

But yes feel free to repeat yourself at how poor and lucky my driving was There's no reason to be offended by someone being clearly ignorant and no reason to disagree with someone making a conclusion off a 30 second clip.