03-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #103
ramled99
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Hello All:

I am kind of new to this, but can anyone tell me if this is a good deal:

X7 xDrive40i
MSRP (as built plus handling/deliver of $995) is a total of $84,335. Dealer will knock off $2,500 from this MSRP, bringing the selling price plus handling to $81,835. With all other fees, they gave me a quote of a total price at $90,566.15? Is that a good deal?

Also, when I first visited dealership, salesperson promised me a $1,250 loyalty discount since I currently own a 2014 BMW. Then when I came back, he clarified that he could not give me that discount if I was paying for the car with cash, and not financing through BMW. Is that legit? I am just worried about bait and switch.

Lastly, salesperson is telling me that he has only "one allocation" left and must know by the end of this week, or the deal may be gone. He says that he can get this vehicle built to my specs via "an allocation" He promised that if I committed and paid deposit, he could order the vehicle this week, and he guaranteed it would be ready and delivered to dealership within 6 weeks. Is that also legit? Or will I end up waiting months and months?

I have never dealt with car dealership sales folks. I have tried to avoid them for 20 plus years. So I honestly do not know what to believe.

One friend told me to jump on this. Another more conservative coworker said there is probably a catch and to not trust.

Any thoughts of any kind?

I hope I posted in the right forum.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0