View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 06:24 AM   #45
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Except it's not the good ole days anymore and technology, especially with voice control has moved on past 2007.

If you think finding and pushing a button is easier than saying "BMW sync climate", then go for it
I’m more technically savvy than anyone else in this forum, believe me. While I use Siri all the time on my iPhone (I’m dictating this post) and with my HomePod speaker I find it awkward to use voice commands in front of my family in my car. I don’t want them to hear me ask for a song that they might not want to hear and put up an argument, and often they are all talking and their voices interrupt or confuse the system’s ability to hear properly.

Not to mention, there are so many things that have to be configured or tweaked every time I set off for a drive it would be like reading a novel aloud just to get out of the driveway. Auto start/stop to off. Launch CarPlay. Bring up radio presets. Tune to radio station. Set temperature. Sync temperature. Adjust red/blue temperature wheel. Set driving mode. Set destination. Imagine speaking all that and waiting for the voice confirmations. It’s easier to just quietly hit a few buttons, trust me.

In regards to syncing the temperature specifically, that becomes quite controversial as I have one child that likes it very hot and another child that likes it very cold and I am the one picking an average so that the two of them don’t complain. So announcing that I am syncing the temperature would cause World War III in the second row and I don’t need that. I just hit a button, problem solved.
Appreciate 2
Wild Blue3676.50
stein_325i25051.00