View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #53
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
There is a child lock button on the drivers door that locks out the rear windows and the second row bench from being moving. If you see a green LED, it's enabled and the rear windows and 2nd row seat cannot be moved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
Anything they can reach is disabled. Windows, window shades, sun roof shade, seat controls, climate control.

I figured this out on my own yesterday after a week of being completely perplexed as to why I couldn't get my captain's chairs to respond to controls. "Hey check out this awesome feature" I told my friend seeing my X7 for the first time, "I just hit this button and...." and nothing happened. I watched YouTube videos, read the manual, couldn't figure it out.

So I'm adding this to my X7 "why BMW why?" list. Why take something long-time BMW owners are comfortable with and change it without making it clear?

Why would a button on the window control panel with a friggin' illustration of a window on it also completely disable the power seats in the 2nd and 3rd rows? And where are the dealers and geniuses telling us these things? Why isn't there an illustration of a seat with an x on it, there's plenty of room on the button? Why doesn't the iDrive screen flash a message that says "to restore functionality to this feature disable the button with the window on it that you think just controls the windows"?

It's dumb stuff like this that's maddening. Like the lack of 3rd row air conditioning vents if you don't order a Winter Cold Weather Package. The people sweltering in Arizona are going to love that.
Appreciate 0