12-31-2019, 11:37 AM   #41
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrogFixer01 View Post
The point I was making is that you are claiming the MB is inferior because it has MB tex and therefore low quality compared to real leather regardless of the grade in BMW. On that level you are comparing apples to oranges as you're comparing real leather to "fake" leather. The very definition of quality is the standard of measurement amongst like things. MB Tex and leather are not alike. The truth in it is, if you were to compare MB Tex to other man made "leathers" it's probably superior to others as MB has been making it for 20-ish years which makes it a high quality product. Your comparison of "stock vehicles" is valid on most levels but again is all subjective to the person and their opinion.

Not sure how my "tangent" on reliability has nothing to do with quality of build as reliability is a direct representation of product quality. I can think of two issues requiring unscheduled service in almost six years of having a GL(S). I had that many issues with my M340 in the first week of driving it. It's just something I, as many others probably have, learned to accept with driving a BMW.

In the end, I'm not looking to argue over opinions. It's obvious you have a dislike for Merc and the articles you read solidify that for you. I have had nothing but success with them and know many others who have as well. They all serve a different purpose. I get this is a BMW forum but keep in mind there are many others out there with the exact opposite opinion as you along with reviews that will slant the other way.
I commented on way more than just Mb tex.

Anyhow we can agree to disagree. I get that there is an underlying BMW bias on this forum but most here would agree that Audi/Porsche are at the same level as BMW as well.
Appreciate 1