View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 05:53 PM   #7
RSouthern
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

That's good to know, are those 2 models also 5 zone HVAC?

I know from experience the 2019 Buick Enclave leaves the rear controls and 3rd row vents active to blow cold air to the back (3rd row and trunk area), however the rear controls are for the rear 2nd rows of seats... it has 3 or 4 zone (I don't remember exactly). So it's not quite a direct comparison I suppose, but the 3rd row vents will blow air with the seats folded. Since the only way to even get 3rd row vents on the X7 is with the cold weather package, this is a potential problem for those with the use case we have. We can't blow cold air past the 2nd row without the 3rd row seats up.

Speaking with the dealer they indicated they weren't aware of this issue until we brought it up. This behavior is not covered in the training they receive... it's a new car and an apparently uncommon problem. It's unlikely the dealer will allow an owner to test drive with dogs in the back to test the function either, so you're kind of stuck after purchase to find out that the system won't function as expected. Everyone I've spoken with at BMW corporate and the dealer all agree it's a potential problem for owners of dog(s) that would normally travel in the rear of the car. It's somewhat ironic since BMW also has (in some markets) the cargo bars that help keep dogs in the rear section of the car (behind the 2nd row seats). Maybe those markets are cold weather countries

Anyway, hopefully BMW is actually working on a fix and this otherwise great car will have 1 fewer "issue".
Appreciate 0