View Single Post
      01-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #13
robininni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X535d (sold)

So just an update for those interested in factory tow hitch for their 2020 x7:

I questioned salesman again about the tow hitch availability because BMW Genius said it isn't available and there is no announcement that it will and thus if not equipped at the factory, you cannot add the BMW factory tow hitch to an X7.

He said this was a canned response because it hasn't been officially release but will be very soon. He says he knows this because he's been in meetings at the dealership where this topic has been discussed and a North America BMW rep who knows about this and has discussed this with the dealership confirms it is being developed as will be released for dealership install. He says this is definitely coming, but can't say for sure when, certainly before the year is over.

He's been doing this 18 years and didn't flinch, waver or otherwise sound in any way unsure of what he was saying.

I'm still not sure what that US parts hitch is that has been posted in this thread. Maybe that is the official BMW hitch that is going to be released but isn't available yet. I'm assuming that can't be ordered right now if you tried.
Appreciate 0