01-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #5084
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I hate working out too. I was a gym rat in high school, and I've lifted all the barbells and dumbbells I'm ever going to lift. I have to have something fun to do. Or a chore that needs doing. Or a project I've been wanting to start. Find something that's fun or needs doing.

One of the reasons I own my cabin is that there's a fair bit of wooded land and some shoreline there, and I can't stand for things to be messy so I always have work to do. I don't keep every square inch looking like a golf course, but I like it clean at least adjacent to the parts I/we spend time in. Last Saturday I tied a plastic toboggan up to my fatbike and loaded it up with a chainsaw, a gas can, a maul, and a couple of wedges. Pedalled out into the woods to a spot where there was a tree that was dead and leaning against another. Felled it and bucked it, and piled the brush up and called it a day. Got up Sunday and pulled all the chunks back to the splitting shed, one toboggan load at a time - about 2 cords total, so it took me most of the day. This weekend I'll split it all. Silly? Yup. But very rewarding and great all-body exercise. And I didn't have to mingle with a bunch of hairy sweaty douche-nozzles at some poser emporium.
That's why I go to the gym around 3:30am. I don't like the other people there so I get the whole place to myself with no one to bug me.

Hell.....what you did above is plenty of exercise. My BIL owns a stone and rock business, and he's also the person to call if someone needs a tree down as my in-laws all heat with wood.

I've gone on weekends to help him in various jobs as he can't seem to keep good help. That type of work will weed out the men from the boys.....and sadly no one wants to work.

My 71 year old father in law still works fulltime with him, and works circles around most young people my BIL tries to hire.