pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
That's why I go to the gym around 3:30am. I don't like the other people there so I get the whole place to myself with no one to bug me.

Hell.....what you did above is plenty of exercise. My BIL owns a stone and rock business, and he's also the person to call if someone needs a tree down as my in-laws all heat with wood.

I've gone on weekends to help him in various jobs as he can't seem to keep good help. That type of work will weed out the men from the boys.....and sadly no one wants to work.

My 71 year old father in law still works fulltime with him, and works circles around most young people my BIL tries to hire.
I worked in lumber yards starting at age 22. My first job was delivering shingles. The truck had a gas-powered conveyor on it to take them up to the roof; this was when nobody used boom trucks for such things. The bundles weighed anywhere from 70-90 pounds apiece, and every one of them had to be picked up off the pallet and walked to the back of the truck and put on the tail of the conveyor, which was about chin-high for me. On a typical day, I'd deliver 250 to 400 bundles. If you figure 300 bundles at 80 pounds, that's 24,000 pounds. Almost 5 times the weight of my F15. I lifted about 100,000 pounds a week. All year-round, from -25 to 110 degrees. I did that for a year and a half, before getting promoted to another truck. Not a gig for the faint-hearted. Makes everything else I've ever had to do seem easy...or possible, at the very least.