01-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #10
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
Anyone who had experience with companies such as Safelite or J&N Phillips auto glass to repair or replace glass?

Short of it is my wife’s ‘13 Volvo XC90 has a windshield crack that got worse (now it’s about a foot long) and looks like it needs a new one. Do these companies let you choose to have a factory glass (Pilkington like BMWs) or do they just put in whatever is closest to OEM? I prefer a factory one but I just don’t know what to expect. My insurance is comprehensive and will cover at no charge.

Thanks for any input in this.
I work for Safelite and can answer some of these questions.

We absolutely have access to OEM logoed windshields. Nearly all of our windshields are sourced from tier 1 suppliers, in most cases the same manufacturer as those the OEM uses. What your particular insurance company will authorize is specific to them, however you can certainly request OEM for them to approve. I personally would use our non-logoed glass and be fine with it but understand why many want the logo.

We also have the capability to re-calibrate the forward facing camera as many manufacturers require this step. In fact we complete over 450k re-calibrations last year, more than anyone else.

All of our work is backed by a lifetime guarantee and in most cases can be done at your location with exception to certain re-calibration types which have to be done in shop.

FWIW, my wife's Audi TTS has a non-logoed windshield and no issues at all. Can say 100%, but I believe it was either Pilkington or Fuyao. The latter is a supplier to BMW and the factory is here in Ohio.

You can call your insurer directly, if you like and request Safelite or call us (or website) and we can handle the claim for you. Happy to help so PM me if you like.
Appreciate 4
HazChem262.00
Red Bread4463.00
GenXer1363.00