Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
understood. i want dedicated spring/summer 22". the vehicle was purchased going into winter so the logical thing to do was purchase with the 21" and go from there.
Quote:
understood. i want dedicated spring/summer 22". the vehicle was purchased going into winter so the logical thing to do was purchase with the 21" and go from there.
Dealers can be such morons! Any manager that does not specify a nearly free spare tire is an idiot.
Oh I don't know. My Q7 has run flats and a spare. There's a few things I insist on having in my car that I hope I never need. Flashlight, gloves, jumper cables, first aid kit, extra magazines and an extra outfit for my kid just in case...

But I hope to never need these items. So I don't want to see them. I have been able to squeeze this stuff in around my spare tire. But it's far from perfect and I am limited as to how much I can have around the spare. There's only so much room.

I am looking forward to getting my X7 very soon. I can't wait to finally have a storage area that is completely hidden and out of the way. I opted out of the spare tire for just this reason.

I've put 58,000 hard miles on my Q7 in 25 months. Maybe I was lucky but I haven't had a flat yet and I am on my second set of tires. It's time for a new set but I ordered the X7 a month ago and am waiting and hoping for an early February delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Dealers can be such morons! Any manager that does not specify a nearly free spare tire is an idiot.
Oh I don't know. My Q7 has run flats and a spare. There's a few things I insist on having in my car that I hope I never need. Flashlight, gloves, jumper cables, first aid kit, extra magazines and an extra outfit for my kid just in case...

But I hope to never need these items. So I don't want to see them. I have been able to squeeze this stuff in around my spare tire. But it's far from perfect and I am limited as to how much I can have around the spare. There's only so much room.

I am looking forward to getting my X7 very soon. I can't wait to finally have a storage area that is completely hidden and out of the way. I opted out of the spare tire for just this reason.

I've put 58,000 hard miles on my Q7 in 25 months. Maybe I was lucky but I haven't had a flat yet and I am on my second set of tires. It's time for a new set but I ordered the X7 a month ago and am waiting and hoping for an early February delivery.

I didn't know you could get a spare on the 2nd gen Q7!

For the x7, spare is no brainer. If you really need the space in that spot, just take it out if you need it.
Appreciate 0