View Single Post
      01-24-2020, 12:37 AM   #17
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
I didn't know you could get a spare on the 2nd gen Q7!

For the x7, spare is no brainer. If you really need the space in that spot, just take it out if you need it.
There is no spare option in any Audi vehicles as of the 2019 model year. I shopped the Audi before I bought my BMW X7. There is no place to store a spare tire in the 2019 or 2020 Q7 and you can't order a spare either. Plus, you can only buy an Audi with Run Flat tires.

All these dumb ass automobile manufactures are doing away with spare tire options. Their claim is you don't need one with run flat tires. Plus they say most people don't know how to change a tire anyway. BULL COCKY!!!

I would like to see someone drive away with a side wall tire rupture on a run flat tire! Oh... and lets see someone with that flat find anyone to come out and rescue their ass in the middle of no where on a road trip in Montana or Wyoming when there is no cell service to call for help!

Just remember, no one needs that spare tire until they need that spare tire. Then, when they do need it they won't have it. If all the owner does is drive around town and the suburbs then this is probably less of an issue. I won't even mention the near double cost of run flats and their crappy ride and noise compared to conventional tires.

I take lots of road trips to the middle of no where. So, no spare tire option... No deal for me!
Appreciate 0