06-12-2019, 02:33 AM   #9
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Thanks... so the door sticker says 32 psi. That would be at about 50F temp. Is it supposed to be 30 psi at 30F? Surely 32 if the minimum psi?

The manual does a very poor job explaining this. And I am a bit skeptical. I never heard about increasing tire pressure to account for higher temps. Except for tracking.
The manual (and door sticker) gives the recommended tyre pressures when "cold". I suppose it all depends on what temperature is considered to be "cold". The car is built in the EU where "cold" is likely to be about 50-55F.
I would set my tyre pressures either inside your garage on a cool morning or in the shade if this is not possible. I wouldn't read too much into what the pressures should be at various temperatures. Just set the pressures at the recommended settings and let the car do the rest of the calculations.

My opinion, for what it is worth.

Hope you are enjoying your car. My car is great, just a pity about the problem with the brakes. Hoping this will be resolved and I can go on my merry way without having to worry about getting stuck in a remote place.
Appreciate 1